Friday, May 17, 2013

A magical pinterest find comes to life

This week whilst trawling through a very colourful and inspiring pinterest feed, I came across a little jem of cake which immediately caught my eye.  It had a long name but every word of it's title made me drool just a little until it was almost unbearable...

vanilla bean salted caramel swirl cheesecake cupcakes


photo credit: barefootinthekitchen.blogspot.com.au

I mean, really, they had me at vanilla, but to team that with salted caramel and put it in a mini cheesecake is like a little taste of heaven I'm sure.  So we set out to recreate this decadent little delight this afternoon.

As it happens, we needed to make a few changes, nothing to detract from the original recipe though, so I won't bother typing it out again.  Head over the barefootinthekitchen.blogspot.com.au and check out the amazing recipe, as well as the absolutely scrumptious vanilla bean salted caramel sauce.  Ah, but check out our yummy photos first...




the biscuit base all ready to take the cheesecake filling

making sure the swirls are just right


perfection!


The recipe says that you should let it set in the refrigerator for 4 hours, but we couldn't resist the need to sample.  Here is the little taste tester, drizzled with warm sauce ready for the tasting...



And the verdict?  "I want this taste in my mouth all the time"

I think that's a winner!

~ Nicole ~

No comments:

Post a Comment